March 27, 2010

Royal Mail & Live Theatre


The blog has been silent for the last couple of weeks as I have been visiting the UK. I had a meeting with an old friend from my days with Xerox, Ian Stewart Managing Director of Royal Mail Door to Door. I gave him a copy of Cultural Change Through Measurable Management and he offered to give me some mail to deliver. The fun and camaraderie of my days with Xerox came flooding back and we commented on how lucky we had been to work in an environment that encouraged and rewarded innovation unlike the other office I experienced during my visit.

My youngest daughter Jade is an actress and she was appearing in Office 925 at the Live Theatre on Newcastle's Quayside. In this fictitious office they struggled with change as negativity, fear and a complete lack of communication conspired to frustrate the workforce resulting in mistrust of management and an explosion of anger from one of the characters playing a supervisor.

Office 925 may be a work of fiction but I think we all know that there are probably way more Office 925's than there are Xerox copies.

No comments:

Post a Comment