October 22, 2010

A "Spring Awakening" for the Economy Perhaps?


As a drama teacher by training I relish the opportunity to go to the theater and enjoy the spectacle of a Broadway Musical. It's rare enough for a hit musical on tour to visit Sioux Falls SD let alone one that was nominated for 11 Tony Awards and actually won 8 including Best Musical, so when Spring Awakening was publicised for one night only at the Washington Pavilion I parted with around $160 for tickets for my wife and I as well as our two boys.

I have seen several performances at this theater and all were well attended or sold out. Not this time. The performance was well publicised but attendance was so low that we were able to relocate to more expensive seats. I'd say the theater was little more than half full. I know the musical deals with some risque topics but I don't think the people of Sioux Falls are any more prudish than anywhere else so I'm left to think that the lack of attendance is a reflection of the state of our economy and the reluctance of everyday people to spend their cash on non-essential items.

Businesses are not much different. The economy has forced many to cut back on non-essential items and as always training & development frequently finds itself with this label. How many of you have heard the words this year "contact me again in the New Year"?

Our Measurable Management partners offer all of their clients a financial guarantee that whatever they spend on a facilitated program it will be guaranteed using your own figures to deliver a return greater than your investment or they will cut you a check for the difference.

One client referred to this risk free offer as a "no brainer".

I hope the title of the musical is a good omen and that the Spring of 2011 will bring about a big improvement in your line of business whatever kind of business you might be in. If you want to be proactive however check out http://www.measurablemanagement.com/ to find a provider close to you.




No comments:

Post a Comment