December 1, 2009

IQ + EQ = MM

I have been doing a little internet surfing regarding the subject of EQ also known as Emotional Intelligence. One website defined it as;

". . . the skills people use to achieve optimal performance. Thoughts and emotions are the building blocks of performance. When thoughts and feelings are integrated intelligently, we get the most out of ourselves and have the greatest potential to influence others."

As I read this I thought of the Thinking, Feeling, Willing model from Section 2 of Measurable Management and it seems to me that Section 2 is about developing these EQ skills.

Being successful is not just about IQ otherwise all the smartest kids in the class would be the most successful. Something else comes into play to separate the successes from the pack and that is where IQ meets EQ.

Section 2 has always been my favorite part of Measurable Management I think it contains much of the EQ that separates Measurable Management from the pack. Ergo IQ + EQ = MM

Test your Emotional Intelligence simply by clicking on the title to this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment